Fax: (801) 277-9369
|Sunday||Pet ER||Pet ER|
|Sunday||Pet ER||Pet ER|
Digital X-Ray Technology at Cottonwood Animal Hospital
Your Salt Lake City veterinarians at Cottonwood Animal Hospital offer digital x-rays. Why does this help you? We can take and process these x-rays within a limited time frame (generally 20 minutes). There is no waiting for film to be developed, or leaving your pet behind. X-rays are one of the easier and quicker ways that vets in Salt Lake City, Utah can diagnose what is going on with your pet. These images can be manipulated in our software, e-mailed and interpreted within hours. We no longer have to mail and wait for a consultation on needed x-rays. These x-rays are also stored for instant referral or viewing. Overall, this means a far greater diagnostic package for our clients.
Preventative Care Saves Pets Lives
At Cottonwood Animal Hospital we recommend having your pet examined once a year (pets age 7 years to our one). These exams will keep your pet healthy and happy, and pet owners can trust we will be able to identify problems before they become serious or untreatable. Exams will consist of:
• Heartworm test and medication
• General physical which includes listening to the heart and lungs, feeling the joints,checking teeth, taking temperature and checking eyes and ears.
• The doctor will discuss any questions, concerns or problems you may be experiencing with your pet.
• Dental exam
• Blood work to ensure your pet is healthy on the inside (if needed)
Your pet is prone to many diseases, most of which can be prevented with proper vaccinations. We maintain all patient records and will notify you when annual vaccinations are due.
• Distemper: A viral disease causing vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight loss, coughing, tonsilitis, and/or a chronic low-grade fever.
• Hepatitis: A viral disease of the liver causing jaundice.
• Parainfluenza: A virus that causes coughing, bronchitis, and/or pneumonia.
• Parvo Virus: A very serious viral stomach and intestinal flu that causes intense vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration.
• Bordetella: (Canine Cough) An airborne virus that can infect dogs when exposed to a large population of other dogs. It can cause bronchitis
• Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis: A viral disease affecting all mucous membranes. Without attention, patients can go blind or die.
• Calici Virus: A virus that is part of the "upper respiratory complex," causing severe colds in cats.
• Panleukopenia or Feline Distemper: A viral disease that causes vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration.
• Feline Leukemia (FeLV): A virus that occurs most frequently in very young or very old cats. The virus is shed in the saliva, urine, and feces of infected cats. This disease can be prevented with vaccination, but once the cat is infected with the virus, it cannot be cured.
At Cottonwood Animal Hospital, doctors are available for emergency treatment and referrals 24/7. If your pet is injured or becomes ill, you can call us or come in anytime.
The Pet Emergency Room provides emergency services only. Routine medical care should be provided by your regular veterinarian in Utah.
Sunday through Friday nights: 7pm - 8am
Saturday nights: 5pm - 8am
Sundays: 8am - 7pm
Our hospital is staffed by doctors and nurses 24 hours per day, every day of the year.
• Outpatient Medical Care
• Laboratory Services
• 24-Hour Intensive Care
• Major And Minor Surgery
• Spinal Surgery
• Orthopedic Surgery
• Endoscopic Procedures.
Cottonwood Animal Hospital offers all aspects of surgery. An estimate is available upon request. We recommend all pets have an IV catheter placed and IV fluid therapy prior to their anesthetic procedure. We also recommend pre-anesthetic blood work, especially on a pet over 7 years of age. We ask that you arrive at the clinic the day of the procedure between 7-8:30 a.m. You will be asked to complete and sign a surgical release form. One of our staff members will be available to answer questions regarding the surgery or the consent form.
A veterinarian Utah pet owners can count on will be on hand to perform the procedure. Once your pet's surgery has been completed, the surgeon will call you and let you know the status of your pet. The doctor will also discuss the release time for your pet. We welcome you to check on your pet's condition at any time by calling the hospital treatment room at (801) 278-0505.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
We are pleased to offer minimally invasive surgery, because your pet's health is as important to us as it is to you. For many procedures, minimally invasive surgery can provide a better alternative to traditional surgery.
Typical Minimally Invasive Procedures:
Spay, Gastropexy-Stomach torsion prevention, otoscopy-ears, cystoscopy-bladder, Rhinoscopy-nose, Vaginoscopy-reproductive, Arthroscopy-joints, retained testicles, biopsies, general exploratory and foreign body removal.
Anything your dentist can do for you, we can do for your pets: scaling and polishing, extractions, root canals, and crowns.
Cottonwood Animal Hospital has a complete laboratory on site. Much of the lab work is processed here; however, the more complex tests are sent next door to Antech Laboratories and most results are available within 24 hours.
Further, we offer:
• Penn Hip evaluations
• OFA evaluations
• MRI Services
• ultrasound services
• Canine reproduction services
• And many many more!
For a veterinarian in Salt Lake City, Utah pet owners can count on, visit us today!
Sign-up using the form or call us at (801) 278-0505 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
Pet Emergency Room Hours
Located at Our Office:
Cottonwood Animal Hospital Hours
|Sunday||Pet ER||Pet ER|